Wisdom 1 - Deciding over Emotions

Ephesians 4:26 - 27 
"In your anger do not sin" Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.


I drove away feeling angry. Earlier, I received a call from dad. It was about the certifying true copy documents.

I was frustrated because he found the stack confusing. Sensing his unwillingness, I nicely told him not do anything about it that day , although I said I would return home and clarify with him.

Anger grew and I refused to enter home because I was going to be late for tuition even if I did.
The drive to tuition was horrible with negatives thoughts running through my mind. Tears rolled down my eyes. I expressed my thoughts to my sister. Only thinking if I would regret saying those words.

Deep inside my heart, I have faith and believed the good in my dad. He knew he would still do it despite all these thoughts. Yet, I was not listening to that voice but of my head.

True enough, he did take the extra mile to get my documents chopped, however, missing out one document. It took awhile for me to let go of my pride and anger. I finally said thank you.

The good out it, he met the Penolong Pengarah of the Education department. Today, it didn't matter if my application was successful or not. It mattered that my dad still cares for me.

If I had been wise, I could have entered the house and clarify things with him. As a result, I would not have to go through that 15 minutes suffering ride. I was unhappy.

Joyce Meyer said ' wisdom - to do what is now that can make you happy with it later' and this was where I didn't apply my wisdom.

I prayed this morning to ask the Lord for forgiveness and luckily that I did not sin when in anger.

This daily verse spoke to me , '


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The missing Pilot whiteboard markers